In this Penntertainment roundup, I've got some awesome projects and cameos from more Penn alumni you should know about!
Check it all out after the jump!
1) Read what Todd Lieberman (C'95, Mask and Wig, AEPi) had to say about producing Warm Bodies and its "universality" (out today on Blu-ray and DVD!) More here
2) Author Caren Lissner's book Carrie Pilby (Harlequin Teen) is being made into a movie!
The synopsis from Booklist:
"Carrie, 19, is a genius: she's already graduated from Harvard. But social success has always eluded her. She now lives alone in a New York apartment and every week sees a therapist who makes a list of goals for her, including going out on a date and joining an organization. Of course, Carrie goes about these things in her own quirky and hilarious way. The organization she picks is a church, which she is certain is cultlike and run by a minister who is fleecing the parishioners. She turns to the personal ads for a date, and picks Matt, an engaged man looking to cheat on his fiancee, and Carrie plans to rat on him. But even brilliant Carrie can't predict that she'll be attracted to Matt or that the minister is actually moral. Lissner's heroine is utterly charming and unique, and readers will eagerly turn the pages to find out how her search for happiness unfolds."
NEW TV SHOWS
1) Looks like agent-turned-Executive Producer Rob Golenberg (W'87, ZBT) has two great tv series debuting this fall that I know I'll be season-passing!:
2) Elizabeth Banks (C'96) and husband Max Handelman (C'95, AEPi) that is being developed for TBS called "Dream House" (working title). Synopsis: "When a young guy has the chance to buy the house of his dreams, he quickly discovers that the owner, a seemingly feeble old man, is actually a grifter who manages to sell the house and become his roommate."
3) TV Producer Jake Laufer (C'96, UTV, Ice Hockey, P.A.R.M.E.S.A.N) just kicked off another season of "Mountain Men" (Sundays, 9/8 C, History Channel)
1) Brian Appel (C'01, Mask and Wig) returned as "Agent Anderson" on an episode of "Criminal Minds".
2) Did you see Jonah Platt's (C'08, Off the Beat) cameo on the series finale of The Office? Check out minute 11:49 below:
James Houston White (C'04) has recently launched "Icons Unite" whose goal is to discover and promote the next generation of music Icons who want to be a symbol of freedom and inspire the world with their music.
Per James, "Now, more than ever, we believe the global community needs to rally together around basic human rights, such as Freedom of Belief, Speech, Internet, Press & the abolishment of human trafficking, including sex slavery, Illegal organ trafficking, child soldiers and forced labor." Check out his video below!
More here: www.Youtube.com/user/IconsUnite and www.Facebook.com/IconsUnite
More Penn alumni on TV HERE