|Find out why Ben is crossing his fingers!|
On that note, last week we covered these 5 important lessons any actor should take to heart before getting into the business.
Now, today, Austin musicians Ben Naecker (C'09, Water Polo) and Blake West (W'09, Jazz Combos):
- sum up their year
- discuss what exciting endeavor is on the horizon
- and share with us the production process from start to finish of one great (!) song they worked on. This should definitely be enlightening to anyone who has wondered how songs get produced.
And find out after a year whether despite initial intentions a real job is manifesting itself for one of them... hmmm....
In the video below, Ben and Blake sum up their year and share an important lesson that applies to any career, really: "Don't turn your nose up at anything too fast".
As you'll hear, even with conflicting schedules, Ben and Blake have really been at full steam in pursuing this career.
And check out their awesome track "Something good" below with singer/songwriter Jessy Dorsett. Listen as Blake takes us through the production process:
- 1:31 - starts to sound real good
- 2:27 - sounds awesome!
Based on the track above, I can't wait for the entire album!
More Penn musicians HERE
New!: DT Actor series with Jess Garvey HERE
DT Catch Up:
- RJANMF Episode 1: "Don't Panic"
- RJANMF Episode 2: "Don't Get Trapped"
- RJANMF Episode 3: "Know Thy Bandmates!"
- RJANMF Episode 4: "It's All About the Music"
- RJANMF Episode 5: "Diversify Your Income"
- RJANMF Episode 6: "Bad Times, Good Times"
- RJANMF Episode 7: "Givin It Up to Uncle Sam"
- RJANMF Episode 8: "They tell musicians how to choose the best city to live in"
- RJANMF Episode 9: How to Record an Album