Why? Because Ben is going to Stanford to pursue a career in Neuroscience.
In this Penn-ultimate episode (pun intended), after the jump find out some tips about:
- how they got some new gigs
- some great resources for e-mailing booking agents
- and footage from the recent EP sessions.
In the video below, Ben and Blake's lesson is about "making moves".
On a related note, having personally lived in Los Angeles for 15 years now, and seeing countless people come in and out to pursue their creative dreams, I know there comes a time when we all must gravitate towards what our true passion is. It's a delicate balance of weighing passion with livelihood. Ben's decision is a similar example being lived out in Austin, another creative city. Many times people can wear many hats and perhaps Ben will be able to juggle this as well. :)
Tune in next month to the final episode of DT's "Real Jobs Are Not My Forte" where Ben and Blake recap their experience trying to pursue their passion and share with us some of their final recordings. Plus find out what Blake will be doing now that Ben is gone!
More Penn alumni who have made career changes (typically into entertainment from a traditional job) HERE
By the way, this story is (currently) one of 74 DT stories of Penn alumni working together on projects post college!
DT Catch Up:
- RJANMF Episode 1: "Don't Panic"
- RJANMF Episode 2: "Don't Get Trapped"
- RJANMF Episode 3: "Know Thy Bandmates!"
- RJANMF Episode 4: "It's All About the Music"
- RJANMF Episode 5: "Diversify Your Income"
- RJANMF Episode 6: "Bad Times, Good Times"
- RJANMF Episode 7: "Givin It Up to Uncle Sam"
- RJANMF Episode 8: "They tell musicians how to choose the best city to live in"
- RJANMF Episode 9: "How to Record an Album"
- RJANMF Episode 10: "Don't turn your nose up at anything too fast"
- RJANMF Episode 11: "Sticking it Out"
More Original DT Series:
Lady Gaga's new "Born this Way" entire album on Amazon today for only $0.99!