Starting today, we brings you another DT exclusive "actor" LA journey series, but this one is told from the perspective of a female.
Also, this series is less "sit-down vlog" and more documentary style.
After the jump, learn more about Jess Garvey (C'09), and watch Episode 1 of DT's "Starter Reality Star" where she takes us on an actual audition for a Special K commercial!
DT readers meet Jess.
At Penn she was quite involved ...she was in Delta Delta Delta, the Walk Fashion Magazine, was an admissions office ambassador. She also was a reporter for Fox News' College Network --Palestra.net where she focused on fashion, art and entertainment in Philadelphia. She also acted in independent films and student films for NYU Tisch school and studied with various teachers at UPenn including Andrew Borthwick Leslie and Rose Malague.
Over the past year in LA, she has:
- starred in the play "Six Characters in Search of an Author at the Will Geer Theater and had The Moment Game, an indie film, premier at the LA Femme Film Festival
- appeared as an extra on "Glee", The Social Network and "CSI Las Vegas"
- appeared in several webisodes and USC Graduate films.
- found management with Paul Brown at New Wave Entertainment and has a commercial agent at Independent Artists Agency.
- studies with Diana Castle at The Imagined Life Studio, Ellen Gerstien of The Actors Studio and is working on her first stand up show now while studying improv at UCB
- Fun Facts:
- she was being considered for the lead in the spoof film Vampire's Suck
- and recently got the opportunity to audition for the second lead in Jim Carrey's Mr. Popper's Penguins.
- as she prepares for a commercial audition
- gets there and shows us what to expect once there (including seeing other actresses just like her!)
- moments right before she goes into the audition, and the moment right after
Catch up on more of Jess' journeys on her "Starter Actress" blog HERE
- At IMDB HERE
- On Twitter HERE
- More Penn alumni actors HERE
- Penn's Alumni Actor Headshot gallery HERE
- More Penn "Winning Women" HERE